An Old Timer’s Thoughts on the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer
You can say that I am an instant fan of the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer. Well, the fact is that I have been using Breville products for years. Through all of that time, I still have to find a Breville that will disappoint me – so far so good.
Best Qualities I Love about the Juicer
There are a lot of good qualities that I admire about the model BJS600XL. However, there isn’t enough space here so that I can mention everything. Let me just mention the most impressive qualities that I found about this Breville masticating juicer:
- Double the Amount of Juice from Vegetables: Like any other Breville juicer that I have tried since I began juicing my way to better health, this one does a pretty good job at sucking the juices out until the pulp is bone dry. I estimate that I get almost double the amount of juice from the same amount and size of produce.
- Doesn’t Occupy a Lot of Space: My kitchen is always a mess – always. The dimensions of this Breville masticating juicer makes it a lot easier for me to find a good spot where I can place it. I also don’t have to move a lot of kitchen accessories since it only occupies a small amount of counter space.
- Quiet as a Mouse: I usually tell my friends that this masticating juicer totally a lot quieter than the one they currently own.
- Easy to Assemble: You really have to disassemble every juicer you use if you really want to clean it up properly. I guess this is what other you will read from masticating juicer reviews that complain about how difficult it is to clean the BJS600XL. I personally have no problems with either assembly or disassembly of this unit.
- Extracts juice from fruits and veggies until they are bone dry
- Outfitted with filter basket to make it easier to get rid of the pulp
- Operates quietly – a lot quieter than high speed juicing machines
- Unit comes with direction controls so that removing pulp from the unit’s screw is a lot easier
- Click here for more product features
Of course there will always be a lot of room for improvement when you’re dealing with human technology. And the BJS600XL is not exempted from scrutiny. If there was one design flaw that I should complain about, it would have to be the fact that there is no way for me to store the power cord. That little bit of added convenience will automatically earn this juicer its perfect star rating.
Breville BJS600XL – Final Verdict
|Average customer review out of 421 reviews:|
Save up to $365.99!
The good news here is that my little complaint about this Breville juicer is only a minor detail. I still think that the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is one of the best masticating juicers in stores today.
89 user reviews
Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer
Nutrients in the juice, fiber in the pulp
Centrifugal juicers get the job done quickly, but what if you want your juice smooth with some pulp ? That’s where masticating juicers come in. Also known as slow juicers or single auger juicers, they crush and squeeze rather than shredding. That means that it maximizes the amount of nutrients extracted and more of the fiber stays in, making for a delicious glass of thick, smooth juice.
Why choose a slow juicer?
There are two main types of juicer: centrifugal juicers and slow (or masticating) juicers. Centrifugal juicers work by shredding the fruits and vegetables and then spinning at a high speed to separate the pulp and juice. Slow or masticating juicers crush and grind the fruits and vegetables to extract the juice, then filter out the pulp. They’re called slow juicers because they don’t spin rapidly, not because it takes a long time to make juice; it only takes minutes to produce juice! Slow juicers produce drier pulp than centrifugal juicers, and extract more juice from leafy greens like kale. Some people have a preference from juice from a slow juicer, since it tends to be less frothy and more thick.
Versatility for maximum yield and results
Masticating juicers are best at juicing softer fruits like berries and wheatgrass and excel at juicing leafy greens, but can also juice harder fruits and vegetables like apples and carrots. Because the Juice Fountain Crush juices slowly, it keeps more of the fiber and less of the froth in the juice and produces very dry pulp.
Juicing made simple
The Juice Fountain Crush makes juicing and cleanup easy. With features like a safe start system that requires all parts to be locked in before the juicer starts, reverse direction control, and an overload protection system that automatically stops the machine from operating when the load is too high, the Juice Fountain Crush makes operation safe and easy. To cleanup and flush out the system between making different kinds of juice without having to disassemble the entire machine, simply pour in 1-2 cups of water while the motor is running to flush the previous ingredients through. It comes with a cleaning brush to remove the pulp from the mesh basket, and the handle of the brush is the perfect size to clear out the pulp chute of the juicer. And, even though it’s powerful, the Juice Fountain Crush’s 240 watt motor runs quietly so your morning glass of juice won’t wake the rest of the household.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The upright design gives the Juice Fountain Crush a smaller footprint than horizontal masticating juicers, making it easier to fit on your counters. It includes a juicing jug for catching the juice that’s extracted, a pulp bin for the pulp, and also includes a filter cleaning brush, which can be used for brushing out the filter or (using the smaller end of the brush) cleaning the pulp out of any crevasses.
- Food hopper and lid
- Feed chute
- Filter basket with Auto Purifying: Pour a cup or two of water in the feed chute while in operation to allow easy cleaning between juices without the need for disassembly
- Pulp container
- Two Step Safety Start System: All parts must be assembled and the lid must lock in place before use
- Juicing bowl
- Scraper wiper
- On | Off | Reverse Direction Control: Features forward and reverse button for easy juicing
- Juice jug
- Ultra Quiet 240 Watt Motor: Powerful low speed extraction method with no heat transfer
- Cut fruits or Vegetables like apple, beats or pears in quarters, even eights if they are large.
- If the fruits or vegetables become jammed in the screw and the juicer stops operating press the off button to the center. Ensure that the juicer comes to a complete stop. Press the REVERSE button and hold it until the fruit or vegetables become dislodged.
- Do not exert excess pressure, the fruit or vegetable should almost be pulled down by the screw.
- Do not load the feed chute with food until the motor is running.
BJE820XL: Juice Fountain Duo
800JEXL: Juice Fountain Elite
BJE510XL: Juice Fountain Multi-Speed
BJS600XL: Juice Fountain Crush
JE98XL: Juice Fountain Plus
BJE200XL: Juice Fountain Compact
|Key Feature||Die-cast juicer with soft fruit attachment and variable speed capability||Die-cast metal matched wtih power||Variable speeds maximize yield across variety of fruits||Makes thicker juices and yields more juice for leafy greens and wheatgrass than non-masticating juicers||Great entry price point for Breville juicers||Compact design takes up less space, with all of the juicing capabilities of the other juicers|
|Type of Juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Centrifugal||Masticating/slow juicer||Centrifugal||Centrifugal|
|Motor||1200 watt||1000 watt||900 watt||240 watt||850 watt||700 watt|
|Speed||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 13,000rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 13,000rpm||5 speeds ranging from 6,500rpm to 12,500rpm||80rpm||Low speed of 6,500rpm, high speed of 12,000rpm||13,000rpm|